Baccus Medieval Village


Another set of models that sat unused for far too long... 

I bought these from Baccus 6-7 years ago when Peter rolled out his modular 30mm x 60mm basing system to allow you to pull out a village 'plug' and then insert a unit stand.  It was an interesting idea, but appears to have been abandonned.  I painted this up, but apparently have misplaced the sails for the windmill.  Several of the stands include a section of wall, although I cannot figure out the pattern.  I have a few more individual buildings to do, perhaps some other stands will turn up as well.



I originally purchased all these 6mm models with the intent of using them with my 15mm collections.  I have always preferred to use buildings at least one scale smaller in gaming as most systems have 1 model representing anywhere from 6 to over a 120 men.  I find the reduced scaling helps reinforce this scaling, and not just making overblown skirmishes on the board. 

That said, my recent challenge has been to find more 3mm buildings to go along with my new 6mm addiction.  It never ends......


Comments