6mm Dwarf Infantry



Another block of figures coming off of the neglected projects shelf.  I finally got around to finishing my remaining Microworld Games Dwarf Infantry.  These are very nice figures, and the appearance and sculpts are very reminiscent of GW's Epic 40k, albeit in a fantasy setting.


I had enough to finish another 9 stands of regular infantry and 2 of Heavy Infantry.  This allows for both the 4 stand units I like to use for my Command and Colors adaptation as well as 3 stand units for Warmaster.  (When the boy gets old enough...)  I like the quality of the castings but still prefer the mass I can achieve with the Baccus strips.  (which is really what matters at this scale)



I wanted to add some diversity to the command stands/groups so I also purchased a pack of Viking Command from Microworld.  The figures include some horn blowers and standard bearers as well as armored and unarmored champions.


I think this will be sufficient to play a few games of the Battle of Five Armies this summer if inspiration strikes following the film....

Comments

  1. Very nice, humans are small enough to paint but Dwarfs? oooh

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this scale it's all impressionistic anyway. 6mm Dwarfs are essentially beards, Shields and Axes. I kept everything uniform except the beards.

      Delete
  2. Battle of the Five Armies sounds good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finally watched The Hobbit last week. He found the first 40 minutes quite boring, but after the finish wants us to take him to Desolation in the theater. We'll have to see...

      Delete

Post a Comment