Swiss or Swiss-like objects...


Yeah, 28mm is going to continue to dominate for the next couple of months after all.  I am really hooked on painting Landsknecht, and I want to see this project through.  That said, my 'Swiss' pike regiment is now complete



As with the other two regiments I did one large 'double' stand and one normal stand.  They combine to form a large element for Impetus, and frankly look pretty good when arrayed on the table


The standards are Reikland banners to match them up with the rest of my Reikland figs for my old Empire army, though they will fit in as the central unit for my future Francis I battle-group as well.  This makes three complete large regiments which gets me half way to my initial goal



The remaining pike regiments will be two units of Landsknecht mercenaries (random colors rather than color coded regiments) and a square of Spanish pikes.  I have two stands waiting for basing and the Spanish are now nearly there as well.


Comments

  1. Stunning and very impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking pikes. Just need those brass tube flag things for Cantonal banners for the Swiss for historical play. :-)

    The final shot is an impressive forest of pikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about using tubes for the standards. Excellent idea. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Lovely wall of pikes, the group shot really is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is more appealing than fielding pike blocks? Not much! Great work and looking forward to seeing these on the field of battle. I am getting very close to wanting to field some myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping on having enough painted to field by the end of the month.

      Delete
  5. Very nice! There's something special about a real block of pikes.

    I'm about to paint up some Swiss units for my French Italian Wars army and this will serve as a great inspiration for those.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment