Takeda Teppo


Another addition to my Samurai Saga project.  This time the Takeda get some much needed missile support.  These guys made their debut in the Lion Rampant games I played with Mason last weekend and did rather well for themselves.
Seen in action in the lower right, preparing to send off the Uesegi Samurai

These are all Wargames Factory plastics.  I basically did them as a speed job using AP Dragon Red primer and then block painted the major features.  I picked up a can of Minwax English Tudor varnish on Jon's suggestion and this is my first trial with it rather than my usual AP Strong Tone.  It takes a little longer to cure and a little more work to remove the excess, but the results are definitely worth while.

 I enjoyed playing Lion Rampant with these guys so much, that I am considering expanding my units from 4/8 to 6/12, but that may have to wait until after I get some more units done.  That, and I really need to finish the terrain I have been working on...  and those Landskecht need to be based.  ... and when am I going to finish detailing my 6mm Poles...  Dear god I have a lot of partially completed projects right now!


Comments

  1. Love the red and yellow color combination.
    Minwax Polyshades Tudor stain is a great equalizer in my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am enjoy the fact the price is significantly lower, for comparable outcomes.

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Painting Samurai can be quite a chore, but you seem to have found a good method to accelerate the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ashigaru are fairly easy. It's the actual Samurai I find so daunting....

      Delete
  3. Good additions, and too many irons in the fire - normal for a wargamer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment