Saracens for Saga

Warlord with personal retinue

Last year I bought Eureka miniatures "Saladin and the Saracens" set.  I originally wanted to fold them in with my BTD figures for my Impetus forces.  These are very nice sculpts, but they are somewhat disparate in design and looked odd combined into  a single stand.  I thus made the decision to go back to my original plan for my Norman's from so long ago and create a small skirmish force for Saga or Lion Rampant.  I have mixed in some BTD minis and here are the first results.


Some armored Saracens from BTD

A comparison shot, BTD on the left Eureka on the Right

My first warrior unit includes two BTD Spearmen and most of the shields are BTD.

The initial source of fire support will be provided by these BTD Crossbowmen.


I still have a unit of Fanatics, some more Spearmen and the Eureka Mounted figs (Ghulams) to finish out this little side project.

Comments

  1. Very nice figures! The warlord is one of my favourites - I painted mine looking quite older :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like him as well. I have 4 copies of him now, and try to focus making them easier to differentiate.

      Delete
  2. I recognize many of the BTD figures and all look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I have painted each of the BTD Arab sculpts at least 2-3 times by now.

      Delete
  3. Really nice work.
    Perticulary the cross pattern on the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have been trying to find ways to do more detail to differentiate them, and also build my fine motor skills. Too much 6mm has caused my 28mm skills to suffer.

      Delete

Post a Comment