Jarl Sigvaldi and his Jomsvikings


It's been awhile I know, but summer does that.  Breaking the long update drought is another Viking personality set from Gripping.  Jarl Sigvaldi here actually comes with three Jomsviking warriors to make a small unit.  (Available as group in the basic rules).  I like the sculpts on these, and wanted the chance to try out some of the Little Big Man viking shield transfers I picked up recently.     


Two if his warriors are equipped with iron reinforced wooden plank shields which gives them a less civilized look.  I tried to mix it up with the hair colors to add a little life to the paint schemes.

Comments

  1. Good to see you back at the painting table!
    The shield transfers turned out well and your bald viking looks quite menacing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it took me awhile to get used to the LBM decals.

      Delete
  2. Very nice minis :) I gave my Jarl Sigvald a sword - effective as it may be on able hands, the hatchet seemed too small. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your version, after I already started my own. It is very nice! I am considering doing some similar weapon swaps for the spear armed Jomsvikings, as well as making the round shield a little more interesting than basic black.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Dartfrog :) I´ll be back to see those versions! Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Nice aditions; presently in my usual post Historicon painting hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been following your updates with great interest. Excellent games. Enjoy your well earned hobby vacation.

      Delete

Post a Comment