Icky Ikko Ikki


A brief relief from all of the WWII stuff.  Jon's recent foray back into Samurai Battles, inspired me to finish another partial project.  These guys are from the left over stock of Two Dragons and Minifigs archers from when I re-based my entire collection for Samurai Battles.  I had enough to create twomixed stands of Archers to support my slowly growing Ikko Ikki contingent.
 The white regiment includes two Sohei archers from an unknown manufacturer.

The Yellow regiment includes some Ashigaru I was thinking of using as Ammo markers for another game system, to chose to field on a stand instead.
I switched from wood bases to laminant flooring a couple of years ago, and the resulting problem that sometimes creeps up can be seen here.  The nonstick surface tends to cause the PVA glue from the basing to peel up as a while sheet.  (Very useful for re-basing however.)  Usually this can be overcome by scoring the surface with a wire brush and then using a good primer coat.  This one seems to have resisted my efforts however, so I suppose I will have to resort to CyA glue for the corner.

Comments

  1. One benefit to rebasing is that you can get lucky and actually field more stands without painting more. Figures look great to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still had to paint enough to finish this unit. The down side right now are the 30 odd painted figures from different units I need to find a way to unmify to 1-2 coherent units.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work, Jake. Interestingly, Samurai seems to be popular recently. One of the local guys here in the Pacific NW has painted up some of those Wargames Factory figures. Quite impressive considering their price in plastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is North Idaho still technically PNW? I have been painting those Wargames Factory guys as well, they are nice minis for the cost.

      Delete

Post a Comment