my Han picked infantry


Continuing with my East Asian theme are two units of Han Infantry from Casting Room Miniatures.  These guys are now available through Wargames Foundry and are  an interesting counterpoint to my Qin army.  The castings are much thicker and single pieced save weapon and shield.  The spears are the standard Northstar games type.  
 I've done these guys as a base of red, and they will provide the core of the opposing force for the Qin army.  I think these are from a style following the Qin period, but they fit my needs.


They are much heavier castings (This stand is about twice the heft of one of my Qin stands) and I like the look of the miniatures overall.  The faces are rather pinched and cartoonish, but blend well in the unit formation that I am favoring.

The banners are similar designs I made up in MSpaint to mirror the style used with the other army.  I went with the Dragon and the Tiger for stylistic rather than historical reasons.

Comments

  1. Very pretty! We're ready to see all of these Chinese warriors in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pinched and cartoonish" is a good description of their facial characteristics from looking at the photos. I like these figures a lot. Perhaps, I prefer these to your other kickstarter sets? Nice banners and bruskwork too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine the artist wanted to capture the look of an army beset by a terrible shellfish allergy at the eve of battle.

      These figures are more lively than most of the castings from my Qin army. That said, I really like the newer Qin repeating crossbow castings.

      Delete
  3. These look mighty fine, your building these up quickly

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to get them done. Although the lead pile seems to resist all attempts and denting it.

      Delete
    2. I rarely seem to notice a dent in my Lead Pile.

      Delete
  4. They look superb, a great temptation for our club...Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I have been listening to a lot of Chinese, Korean and Japanese history of late. I guess I am a little inspired. China especially has thousands of years of military history ripe for exploration.

      Delete
    2. I jsut need time to study this...and to paint new armies!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic painted infantry!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment