Hey, I actually completed an entire brigade!


I painted up another two 6-stand regiments of Union Infantry in forage caps.  This brings the total to four, completing my first of several planned brigades.


These are intentionally generic formations with six stands each and standard colors.  They should be able to stand in for most the formations I want to use.
All four arrayed with a Brigade command stand
I also managed enough figures in slouch caps to complete a third regiment for that brigade.
One more 32-figure push and I will have that regiment completed as well.  I only need three more stands to do the last regiment of US Infantry in great coats.It's an odd way to build the force to be sure, but it does allow for rapid identification of the formations on the game table.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It should get a boost of impetus from our latest clashes.

      Delete
  2. Momentum is a beautiful thing as are your troops

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There is nothing like actually playing some games to inspire me to paint a time period.

      Delete
  3. Very handsome! The ACW arms race is alive and well in the Northwest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is more about me playing catch-up at this point

      Delete

Post a Comment