Wizard Kraft Kickstarter near the end.

Duck taking a swim in the lake
There is only 36 hours left, and Wizard Kraft is just shy of their goal.  Peter is doing a far better job cheerleading this thing than me. He even got some picks of the some of the planned stuff like dry river beds/wadis, arid flock and the one I am most interested in:  Muddy Rivers.  (I like the rivers, but I prefer the more muted shade of blue in the new set)
River with fork and two end pieces
I am not receiving any compensation for this thing, I am just hoping to finally finish the river sets I want to get my terrain where I want it.  This is a visual hobby, and I am just as guilty as others of lackluster performance in the area of terrain/battlefield management.  These things make some good looking linear obstacles, as well as swamps and lakes.  I recently picked up the 1" roads, and plan on getting some more from the Kickstarter.
Closer look at one of the caps.
If you are on the fence about this, give the kickstarter or Pete's blog a look.  Wizard Kraft is even offering free shipping, which alone is worth a bundle.



Defending the ford

Comments

  1. Good show, Jake! We're pretty close and I hope we can all fund this together! I really do love this terrain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just picked up a mousepad material game mat off of Amazon. I am all about getting my game table up to snuff.

      Delete
  2. I am backing for a selection of the muddy waters also. 1/2" sections for 15mm streams and 6mm rivers. I am really impressed with the flexibility and low profile of these. Too often tabletop rivers are rigid high banked things that look like major earthen embankments with smaller scale figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up my river about 15 years ago, it survived three home moves and ages 1-10 of my son. It is showing no wear and tear.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The cool part is that it comes with a 'cap' piece so you can use it as a stand alone lake or attach it to the river.

      Delete

Post a Comment