More Korean Spearmen


The other half of my Korean "regulars" with spear now join the formation.  These figures are the same castings as the Halberdier, but going with a radically different paint scheme seems to offset that a bit.  The second set have more models with ornate helms, so the red color really pops.


I have two standard bearers for the unit, but I am still looking for some effective standards.  The ones are the Perry sight lack the degree of detail I saw with the ones on display at the Korean museum sites I visited.  For my "heavy infantry" army I want them to stand out a bit more.



I also took the time to actually finish the last of the Skirmish bases I picked up from Warbases back in January.  This brings me up to 30 overall, which is more than enough to support a game with 1-2 cavalry units and 5-6 infantry units per side.  



Comments

  1. I like the blue! You output has kicked up a notch. Units are flying from your workbench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that were true, but I varnished these guys two weeks ago. I just got back into the swing of basing and finishing some of the backlog!

      Delete
  2. Love the dynamic poses and tour splendid paint job...excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am quite taken with Perry's sculpts as well.

      Delete
  3. Looking very good - those spearmen look close to being pikemen to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment