Let's get this (naval landing) party started!


Taking some time to attend to another long neglected project,  I finally completed my bag of Old Glory's Spanish American War US naval Landing Party.  I completed the 19 figures including the command in the 1999-2000 time frame, and the balance have been languishing on the lead pile.   Looking at the blog this appears to be the first time I have addressed this minis in over four years. I tried to at least match the painting style I used back then, but lack the materials to match the bases

All 30 men advancing with their officers in attendance
Looking at the old models, it took me a minute to realize that I had actually kit bashed a pistol for one of the officers to make him look different from the his twin.  I seem to recall there being a third officer model, so I may as yet need to complete this formation.  


Looking through the SAW tin, I have a collection of unfinished US infantry, including the dismounted buffalo soldiers, as well as rough riders and cavalry.  I added the last four cavalry figures to the painting cue and they are nearly ready as well.  Perhaps I will get around to finishing the rest of the infantry before 2020.

Comments

  1. Very nice looking uniforms. I love this range. I have the Japanese and the poses are identical to these. Perfect for skirmish gaming, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I agree this is from one Old Glory's best ranges.

      Delete
    2. The Spanish sailors are in the same poses too. Terrific figures and I agree; one of OG's bette r ranges.

      Delete
    3. Looks like it may also be a fairly heavy reliance on the same casting masters

      Delete
  2. Nice aditions, "back-filling" an old project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, there are several Rough Riders still patiently awaiting their turn.

      Delete

Post a Comment